Pintrest? Follow Me!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 13, 2009

Artist Spotlight - Joyce Spear

I purchased my first stamps as a teenager in the late ‘70s – rainbows and butterflies, of course – and brought them out to play with on special occasions. Little did I know that by the early 1990’s stamping would become a way of life for me! A friend of mine took me to a LSS and the store staff ooh’d and ahh’d as I made my first card, and I was hooked! That same year I was invited to a Stampin’ Up! workshop and fell in love with SU! products. With a B.A. in Secondary Education, I find teaching rewarding, so it made sense for me to become a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator when the local stamping stores I taught at started closing.

At this time, due to health issues, I am mostly a hobby demo (although I will never turn down an order!). My greatest satisfaction is in teaching newbies the art of stamping, sharing techniques and ideas with fellow stampers, and creating cards and projects that active demos can use in their businesses. I see creativity as closely linked with spirituality, and I find myself happiest when I am stamping. I love seeing people’s eyes light up when they receive something handmade, but my greatest joy of all is seeing people discover “Hey! I can do this!” when they catch the excitement of making projects of their own. Visit Joyce at www.stamperjoyce.blogspot.com
















3 comments:

rush8888 said...

"i knew her when...." not forever, and not long enough! we send cards back and forth to "fix" them, and, of course, regular greeting cards. i always call her my stamping guru....she knows stuff! nice to see you here! keep stampin'! g'girl!

JRC said...

Wonderful work! Cool!

Jannette said...

Love your story, wish you good things. I am looking at very beautifull things at your blog now.