Pintrest? Follow Me!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Favorite artist of the day - Fellow Stampin Up Demonstrator

Christ is Born and Ronald McDonald House...


Post By Monica Weaver http://www.addalittledazzle.com/

CHRIST IS BORN CARD
Good Morning Stampers,

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I am full of energy today and feeling great. Yeah! Today I would like to share with you another swap I created for an organized swap at convention. This card was my swap for the Technique Swap and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to showcase the beauty of dry embossing.

When making Christmas cards, I try to make cards that are easy to reproduce in mass amounts since I send out 100 cards. This one is very easy to make and as you see it is very elegant with the Christ is Born stamp set found in the main Stampin' Up! catalog on page 42. I love this stamp set and love the elegance this card radiates. I also used Very Vanilla Tafetta Ribbon and painted the ribbon with Gold Acrylic Paint. You can also use Shimmer Paint but it would take longer to dry. The background was created using the Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder along with Bronzed God Metal Sheets accompanied with my favorite new red "Cherry Cobbler Red". The stamped center piece is heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder and it is mounted onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals for an added lift to make it a WOW! I love the simplicity, yet elegance of this card. Wouldn't this make a great Christmas card?

During Stampin' Up! Convention 2010, I had the opportunity to be able to be part of the Late Night Stampers Events. This was an incredible time in which I got to meet lots of demonstrators and got to see their amazing work up close. On Saturday night, through Late Night Stampers, I hosted the WOW Presentation. We had some incredible presenters among us and their work was absolutely amazing. Not only did we have 9 presenters on Saturday night, but the other WOW presentation that was held Monday night also had 9 presenters. So, we had 18 wonderfully talented demonstrators teaching great techniques to all attendees.


LNS3 In preparing for this event, Sherill (pictured here) asked me about creating a CD that would feature all the tutorials of the presentations taught during both events. I loved the idea and put together a CD featuring all the presentations and made 180 of them for the event. CD's were distributed to all attendees. After the event, Sherrill suggested offering these CD's online to all of you with the proceeds collected being donated to the local Ronald Mc Donald House here in New Mexico. I thought it was a great idea and a way to give back to our local Ronald Mc Donald House. This WOW Presentation CD with tutorials from both nights is now being made available to you for $21.95. This cost includes shipping and handling so there is no additional cost.

visit Monica to order your wow CD

http://www.addalittledazzle.com/

No comments: