Pintrest? Follow Me!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Graff family hunt in Northern Nevada

Hunting with Mark, Jim and Ken in Northern Nevada


The area we had tags for had miles and miles of dirt roads over hills.


We saw wild horses, a big bull, regular cows, and handful of bull elk, 
and plenty of doe but did not see many bucks other than a few 2 points. 


Mark drove Jim and I to these charcoal ovens
Inside they still smelled like smoke even after all these years.
Jim found a fat lizzard in one. 


Jim was able to fill his tag for a Buck.
Good Job Jim
Now we have meat for the winter. 


the rock formations at cathedral gorge were really amazing. 

(I did not take any of these photos myself)
Silly me, I forgot my camera! 

2 comments:

Mary Campbell said...

Beautiful countryside. It is great just to be out with family in the hills. My husband took our 5 year old grand son squirrel hunting this weekend. His first trip. He was so excited to go. They didn't see any squirrels close enough to shoot but they enjoyed being together. Before he left the house he told me he was going to kill a squirrel to feed the family. Gotta love that!

Latenightstamper said...

That is so cute Mary! Thank you for sharing about your grandson. I agree being together is really what a hunting trip is all about. Thanks again for your comment. See you in July in Salt Lake City 2013!